Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'm Gonna Love You Through It

I have noticed over the past several days that my posts have, for a lack of words, really suck.  I am so sorry that you had to succumb to that. I have discovered that my mother was my muse for writing, and since her death I have not had much inspiration.   Hopefully from this point they will be better and less dry.  So lets get down to is shall we.

Today I rekindled a long lost relationship.  And because he is a reader, or hopefully will be, for the sake of confidentially lets call him John.  Out of the blue he asks to be my friend on facebook, so I tell him that as long as he likes my page for this blog I will accept him.  Then he decides to ask my friend Sara to tell me that he wants to talk.  I tell her fine as long as he calls me before 5:30.  He calls exactly at 5:20.  We start talking, small talk to start and then the heavy things, our relationship, life now, mom's death.  Then he says something that kinda made me mad. He mentioned something that frankly isn't really any of his business,  He had his shot and lot it.  So me being the emotional mess that I am may have gone off on him.  In all actuality, I was right, but I may have been a little harsh.  I guess whatever.  So he basically tells me that when I calm down and want to talk civilly to call him back, and hangs up on me.  Furiously I call him right back and say there is a reason that I am the way I am right now and if you want to understand why then call me, otherwise ya know, whatever.  He finally calls me back and apologizes for his actions and I explain mine. All is ok for now.  I don't really know what he is expecting from this but it won't go any farther than friends.  I am honestly tired of being played and I know that people who do that should be punished, and I am sure that one day they will.

That is probably the most drama I have had since I got back from Hays.  I have been back to work now for three days.  And I have to tell you, you never really realize what friendships you have with your co-workers until you leave for a while.  I missed talking about to them about all of the drama of our lives and the things that happen at The Y.  Its funny when you think about it because you are co-workers, not really friends, but if you have ever worked in a setting such as mine you would understand.  I got my 5 year service pin this week.  I cannot believe that I have worked for them for actually 7 years.  They don't make pins for 7 years of service.  I missed my job while I was away.  And it is a bittersweet thing because every once in while my mom would stop in and surprise me at work.  I loved that about her.  She always knew what to do when you were having a crappy day!  That I really miss.  Talking about her life and her death is a hard thing to do, and still only a fraction of the peoples lives that she touched know about her passing.  Not much I can do about that. 

Tomorrow is filled with editing, blogging, laundry, walking, working and chilling.  Tomorrow is also the first of four home games for the CHS Football team.  And my brother's first performance of Solaris for his senior year.  It will be a bittersweet moment for him as well as me.  It will be the first half time performance for him without mom there. 

This post is also a little musical.  My cousin Kaase, the founder of Glitter Girl Ministries sent me this music video.  I am a huge country fan, and had only heard this song once.  It is my Martina McBride and is called Im Gonna Love You Through It.  I hope you enjoy it.  It really touched my heart


No comments:

Post a Comment