Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

There Goes my life

No while this song is about a teen couple becoming pregnant in high school and watching there futures pass them by, this song made me cry today on the stand.  I was listening to the radio and the lyrics of the chorus hit my emotions out of no where.  There is a reason for that.  Those words are similar to what my dad said to my mom just as she took her final moments.  Its ironic that this song would come to me today.

This weekend was the 25th annual Italian Fest in Collinsville.  It celebrates the Italian basis that Collinsville was build on.  My family is one of the founding fathers of Collinsville.  This weekend was filled with thrills, shrills, good times and bad.  Partying, drinking and of course rekindling the lost, but not forgotten relationship with people from our pasts.  Yes Italian draws everyone back home for the good food, amazing music, and all you can handle beer...the drink of choice. 

So as you watch this video I hope that you think about the message in the words, whether its all of them or just some of them.  Think and act on them!

For those of you that are reading this and we caught up over the weekend.. Thank you for your kind words and sympathy.  It helps with the healing process.  I hope that all of you realize what an amazing, strong and heroic woman my mother is.  She is truely missed!

Keep in touch all!

No comments:

Post a Comment