Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Rain Rain, Go Away

So With it being a rainy blurry day I thought I would share a few things with you.  Some make you laugh some make you cry.

Today is Friday, TGIF right?  Not!!!!!  Today I worked my tail off the 5th day in a row.  Today I also had a split shift.  I work 30 hours a week, leaving no time to relax and  enjoy life.  That isn't what my mother would have wanted, but I guess I will take what I can get.  I am so tired this week.  I don't remember falling asleep last night, or even walking up the steps to my bedroom.  When my alarm went off this morning I was a little mad at it and buried it in the giant stack of blankets on the bed.  I don't really remember much about today, other than the fact that I am really tired.  I work tomorrow and have off one day before I do it all over again. 

No sleeping in on Sunday either, going to church of course.  Plus Sunday marks the tenth anniversary of the terrorist attacks on New York and the Pentagon.  It will be a sad day of remembrance for most and others will be oblivious to the actual meaning of the day.  Those people would be children who don't really know anything about it.  I have to tell you, I am actually kinda tired of hearing about it.  That is all that I have heard this week is stories about it.  I personally have been to Ground Zero and yes it does have a ghostly appeal to it.  When I went there were still building missing windows from the blast.  I am sorry to all of the families that lost loved ones and friends in the attacks.  My question to my readers is do you remember where you were and what you were doing when all of this happened 10 years ago?  If you want to share, write it in a comment at the bottom of the page please,  I would love to read about it!

               
The funny thing that I am going to tell you may be dry humor for you....its a lifeguard thing.  Today a member came in and did his usual swimming.  Now when this person swims on his back he opens his mouth to catch the water and then spits it out.  Kinda gross I know.  You don't have to watch it.  Anyway.  Every time he would do that today he would have to stop and cough up the water because he would basically start to swallow the water.  And about half way down the length of the pool he stopped all together, swimming, opening the mouth, all of it and stood there.  You could see the puzzled look on his face as he tried to figure out why that was happening!!!!!  Too funny!  I wanted to tell him that if he closed his mouth he wouldn't have a problem, but I couldn't .  Sorry, Boss if you are reading this, I am sorry I just had to share it because it made my day!

So that is all that I have to share with you for now.  I am off to go watch my old high school's football team loose again in order to support my brother and the best band in the state!  Catch you all later

No comments:

Post a Comment