Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Summertime

Since we are at the end of summer I thought I would share with you one of my favorite pianists of all time.  George Gershwin.  Now there is a little history behind this song for my family.  For some odd reason it has kind of become a theme song.  This summer took a toll on all of my family.  With me being gone for three months and the passing of my mother, the funeral and figuring things out, this song brings back so many memories of my childhood, be it with my mom, or dad or even the wonderful employer, the YMCA.  This song also just happens to be one of my moms favorites.  So with out further ado, I give you George Gershwin's Summertime Performed by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong.




No comments:

Post a Comment