Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Final Moments

As I spend these last few hours here at home I look back on all of my recent memories of this place.  Its kinda sad and stupid at the same time.  Its sad because I love this place, its my childhood, my memories, my family.   Its stupid because I'm only going to be gone for the summer.  Now many of you that read this are like wtf, its not that long of a time to be gone, but if you look at who I am, family is everything to me.  This will be the longest I have been away from home, especially since my mom got sick.  This is also the farest I have ever driven by myself.  I know silly, but still

I will miss everyone while I'm away.  My co-workers, my boss, my best friends Sara and Shawn, my family especially my doggies, my room, my bed...

I cried on the way home from work this morning.  I finished my last shift for 2 1/2 months and it was an emotional one.  Many of my regular swimmers wished my a farewell and a good luck.  I got thanked for doing my job by another swimmer because he loves that I have a good attitude and always have a smile on my face.  I received many hugs from my co-workers and farewells from them too.  I have visited almost all of my local family members, went to lunch and shopping with grandma on Wednesday, visited my great grandma and great-great aunt in the nursing home, talked to my uncle Mike and aunt Susie.  And tonight I'm spending some much needed bonding time with the family unit before I leave and in the morning we are having a family breakfast.  I think I'm going to miss my doggies and fishy's the most.  I can't really talk to them on the phone so that is going to be the hard part.  I went out last weekend as a last get together with my two bestest friends in the whole wide world.  We went to see a movie, then got dinner at Applebee's, granted there was some drama at the end of the night but it wouldn't have been complete without it. 

Let me tell you a little about this trip.  Last summer I interviewed with Eileen Vincent in a small town in Hays, Kansas.  Eileen runs the summer camp in town.  She chose me to be her Camp Director for this summer.  Why am I going out to Kansas?  Because this is a life changing experience, I will get the experience of being in a leadership role outside of high school.  In addition too,this is a resume builder for me.  Who knows, I may just find what I'm looking for out there. 

Only God knows what is in store for my life, and maybe this is it...who knows.  I will miss everyone and everything while I am away, but I'll will always be a phone call or chat away.

The next time you will here from me will be from Kansas, or maybe Colorado, We'll have to see.  Please keep in touch... See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment