Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

First Day of Camp

OK, so the first day of camp really wasn't all that bad.  It was rough to start, but as the day progressed and I got more comfortable with my job and it got easier.  We pretty much scrapped my entire plan of events but that has a lot to do with the weather the past couple of days. 

The bad thing about today was the weather. It was freezing outside, not what we planned at all.  All of the camper's weren't really dressed for the weather and neither were the counselors.  Needless to say we spent most of the day in our wonderful new building...well not new, but new to us. 

I am tired, but its nothing that I'm not used to.  The more I get into this summer, the easier things will be.

Today's events included football basics, Despicable Me, and a ton of tag games.  One of the male counselors even resulted in play Little Sally Walker, and it was probably the funniest thing I've witnessed in a long time.  I love my team of counselors, they are probably the best group of people that I've worked with in a while, Sorry to all my lifeguard co-workers at home...  the best part of our team is that no one is afraid to ask questions or get down to the kids level.  So amazing!

All in all I think things went pretty well, considering what we had to work with.  Now hopefully things will look up from this point on. Now that we know what will work an hopefully was doesn't there is no way to look but up!

So until next time my friends....

1 comment:

  1. Job well done today my niece. Very proud of you!
    love t

    ReplyDelete