Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

He Always Prevails

God, it seems has come through for me again.  I was really worried about my school situation and now I know what I am meant to do.  I am still meant to teach children, which was good and I still want to open up my own summer camp but maybe its too early to even consider that dream.  But it seems that God does have a plan for me.  This summer will be the ultimate test of my faith.  What is my faith you ask?

I believe in God, tremendously, you can't live my life and not believe in him.  Do I go to church?  No, I believe that I don't need someone to talk to God for me.  I don't need a pastor or reverend or anything of that sort.  God to me is within us, in our hearts, our every decision, every move that we make, he is with us.

This summer will be my ultimate test.  I am leaving home on Saturday for the entire summer to work a summer job in a small town in the Northwest corner in Kansas.  What am I doing in a little bitty town?  I will be the Director of a Summer Camp called Summer Blast Kids.  The Ultimate test?  I will be living with my Aunt and Uncle in a somewhat familiar house, in a somewhat unfamiliar town where I don't really know anyone.  See the test yet?  I will be leaving behind my home, my family, my pets and fish, my friends all for a job.  Althought I do some people, so maybe it won't be as bad as I think...

What is the upside of all of this?  Well this job will help me with my resume as well as open up other job opportunities back here at home. 

I am not really looking forward to the 10 hour drive out there, but its what is needed to be done.  At this point I am almost completely packed and almost finished with my shopping and car maintenance.  This is going to be a fun summer and I am really excited...well mostly.  I am not really thrilled that I am leaving my mother behind to fight her battle with cancer without me.  But the greatest thing about this day and age, we have technology that connects us to  each other.  So while I won't get to see my family for 2 months I will still get to talk to them as often as I want. 

So many negatives and so many positives...but I will only be able to wreak the results when its all said and done.  This may be my last post for a few days so I will leave you with this message. 

Always follow your heart and never look back, the past is the past and the only thing you can to about the past is learn from it.  Count your blessings because you never know, one day you may not have them...

No comments:

Post a Comment