Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Normalville

Today was a pretty normal day considering that I'm so far away from home.  I got to sleep in, which is good, considering the week that I had not that it was bad, just long.  Ironically due to the fact that I did sleep in, I got breakfast in bed consisting of toast and omelet with mushrooms onions sausage and chili's I think and coffee black of course.  I know. gross drinking coffee black believe me I know, but until you have actually tired black coffee from this house you can't really say gross.  Its is actually really good.  So thank you Uncle Randy!

So after breakfast we got to work outside thinning out the peach trees.  basically you go through the branches and pull off the teeny tiny ones that wont develop as well as take off ones that are going to weigh down the branches.  Not doing this will ultimately damage the trees.  So I basically spent the morning raking up really small peaches and scooting across the grass to get the stubborn ones.  So then we went for coffee at Moka's which is the cheapest place in town to get coffee, and its really good, better than Starbucks.  And from there we went to the movies to go see Bridesmaids.  Not to bad, probably the most interesting movie I've seen in a while...I don't really know what to think about it actually....not the best movie to be honest.

We went back home and hung out for a while before we left for dinner.  We decided to go to this place called Boondocks in a small town McCracken about 30 minutes from where we are at.  Food wasn't too bad, came home and watched Justin Bieber's Never Say Never.  I have a new respect for the guy I really do.  I liked his music but now I actually like him.  I didn't really know just how talented he was...I definitely recommend his movie.  And then we watched The Mechanic.  Again a really good movie.

So that was my day.  It is Memorial Day Weekend and I'm spending it at my home away from home.  The 3st is my grandfather's birthday. I'm sad that I won't be there, but I'm glad that I have this opportunity.  So hopefully this weekend I will be able to give you a book and a music recommendation...we will just have to see what happens....

Until then... Happy Memorial Day and be safe

No comments:

Post a Comment