Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Final Day

Today Is Friday.  ITS FRIDAY, FRIDAY FRIDAY!, as Richelle would say.  This was the last day of Summer Blast Day Camp.  Its sad knowing that I won't see all of my new friends for a long time, but its comforting to know that I can still talk to them from two states away!  I have made the most amazing, warm, and reliable friends out here, and I'm sure out friendship will last a lifetime.

Today was our play day, we were supposed to go to Massey park, but because of the weather we didn't make it.  So we stayed in and watched a movie.  Taylor and Richelle made rainbow cupcakes for everyone and put a smiley face on top.  We went outside when the weather allowed and played a couple of field games, just for old times sake.  We had pizza for lunch and went to the library for their end of their summer program party.  The kids were ok I guess, behavior wise.  And then the remaining counselors, Lauren Steph and I, all took the kids to get snowballs, as our thank you to the kids for a wonderful year, plus it covered up for all of the kids that didn't reach five stars.
To finish the day out we went back to the building and watched Spy Kids 3: Game Over.  We took a picture of the kids with there American Flag that we finished today, and everyone had a blast...maybe that's why its called Summer Blast!  When It came time to leave, Lauren announced that I was leaving and the whole lot of them surrounded me.  It was a tearful goodbye, and one I will remember forever, to bad I didn't get a picture of it. 

So this was my summer, and I had so much fun doing it!  I made great friends, wonderful memories, touched the lives of everyone I know from Hays and had a blast doing it.  Will I come back?  Absolutely, it only depends on what happens in the last nine months.  I love it out here in Hays, and even if I don't come back, I will plan on being here some time next summer, even if its just to visit and catch up!  I am leaving sometime in the next few days, I am packed and ready physically, emotionally I am still at camp with my new friends and campers.  It has been a blast everyone, thank you for everything that you have given me!!!!!!!  Hope to see and hear from you soon!!!!!!! 


So the next time we meet I will be in Illinois again, Home Sweet Home, Here I come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment