Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week Ten_ Wednesday

This is my final post for Wednesday in Hays, Kansas about the Summer Blast camp!  Its sad to say that I only have a few more days and man are they a flyin'!!!

Today was ok I guess, we had some issues with behavior and in all actuality its only because of the talking.  They just don't stop talking.   I mean I know that they are all friends but honestly its disrespectful to the counselors.  They are getting antsy, and have a bit of an attitude problem.  Its a little exhausting to deal with it especially when your running low on patience. 

So today we had a bit of the treat for the kids.  Anna, a counselor, brought her popcorn machine and made popcorn for the kids in the morning.  They had popcorn and a movie.  Then we had our practice.  We worked on our dances which are the cha cha slide and the chicken dance.  They are really enjoying this week, not sure why, but I'm not complaining!

They also worked on there plays that they are performing for the parents tomorrow.  I'm kinda nervous about it because if it doesn't go over well its reflects badly on the counselors, and the parents may not be too happy with it.  But we will have to see what tomorrow brings....not that I'm ready for it or anything like that....

I am still in the process of packing to go home, but with each day I get closer and closer.  I wrote personal notes to the counselors about our time together this summer and gave it to them with a copy of the keepsake scrapbook that we gave to the kids, and they all seemed to enjoy what I had to say about them, which is a positive.  I really hope that after this summer and I gone and far away that we can all still be friends.  We may not all be in the same state, but I really have found friends in all of them!  So thank you guys for making my summer!

So this is all that I have for now....so until tomorrow my faithful readers

Shout out to all of my counselors that are reading this!!!  Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment