Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Week Ten_ Thursday

This is my final post about Summer Blast from Hays, KS about a Thursday....Kinda bittersweet.

Today was a nerve racking, but exciting day for me.  Today was the kids performance for the parents.  They performed The Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, the Cha Cha Slide, the ever popular Chicken Dance and the top three winners from the talent show performed there winning performances.  We had 22 parents show up!!!!!  I was so excited.  Thee nervous part was the plays, I was kinda freaking out because of yesterdays practice, but in the end they all did really well.  The show was about a half hour long, perfect timing.  I even asked the parents to join us in the Chicken Dance, and the kids really enjoyed that!  I was the host of it all, and I thought I did a pretty decent job with announcing the performances and taking pictures and making sure the music was on at the right time, all thanks to my right hand man, Trevin.  It actually surprised me the amount of parents that showed up, but then again this is a small community and things are all about family out here, or so it seems!

After all of the parents left we took the kids into the ac and cooled them off.  We talked to them about how much we all enjoyed there performances and how well they all did.  Then my boss, Eileen told the kids that because of all of the hard work that I put into making sure that that happened today and that they got to practice and made sure that there parents were there to see there hard work, that I deserved a round of applause, and so the kids, and counselors gave me my very own round of applause.  It was a tear jerker!!!!!  Again Bittersweet moment, one that I will cherish forever.

Today was also the last day for many of our kids, and because of the attachment that happens in a small town there was some crying and long goodbyes, but its not like I won't ever see them again...(secretly I am hoping that Eileen will ask me back next summer...shhhhh, don't tell her)

Tomorrow is that last day and I am really sad about it, I have made so many friends and memories out here that everyone will be hard to leave.  Even though I really live 500+ miles away I will always have a side of me that yearns to be here.  Everyone that I have met this summer will always have a place in my heart and the best part is that with today's technology I get to take all of them back to St. Louis with me!  My mother and I are putting a scrapbook together to remember my time out here, because we all know that as time goes by names and faces fade from our memory.  With this book I will have that to also cherish for the rest of my life.  This experience has been an amazing opportunity for me and it will stay with me for a really really long time!!!!

Today was the last day for two of my camp counselors, they are Nathan and Anna, I would just like to send them a good luck with all that life has in store for you and God Bless!

That is all that I have for you now my faithful readers.  Tomorrow will be sad and then before you know it I will be on my way home again.  So get your Kleenex boxes ready and be prepared for another rendition of my wonderful life experience as Summer Blast Day Camp comes to an end.......  :~(

No comments:

Post a Comment