Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Catch-up

Hey all this will be short and sweet, promise.  Its been over a week since we last talked and that is because my life got a little hectic.  Got home from country stampede after midnight,  and turned around and got up at 616 for work. The theme this week for work was American Week, because Independence Day was just around the corner.  Monday was simple stupid, we did pretty much nothing and stayed in the building a much as possible, because on Tuesday and Wednesday, we wouldn't have the use of the building and or the shelter that we are stationed at.  Tuesday was a different story, easy day but a different story.  Tuesday we had the parents do pick up and drop off at Washington Elementary School, where we have our summer food program. Tuesday we went to the Larks Park to play baseball with the Larks, They are like our Grizzlies back home.  Really cool that they could take the time out of there really busy schedule to come out and play a little game of baseball.  the kids all got the autographs of the players that they got to play with.  That afternoon they wend swimming and to the Library.  That night however, the kid of Summer Blast Day Camp were invited down to the game to be announced on the field.  That was the highlight of the week.  Wednesday was a little more difficult.  it was really hot.  The kids made ice cream, went swimming and to the library again.  There really weren't any issues until the school kicked us off the playground because they were leaving for the night and wanted to close off the playground for safety reasons.  Good Idea, but not one for us.

Wednesday night after I got home from work we left for Colorado.  We got to Elizabeth and realized that we left all of the food back home.  reached the house around 930, and sat out on the deck with a glass of wine and watched the cop cars go up and down a hill every minute for like 4 hours.  Still can't figure out why. 

Today is July Fourth.  Independence Day. They day we celebrate our Independence from Britain.   My brother is currently in Washington DC representing the State of Illinois in the Independence Day Parade.  tonight he gets to see Josh Groban, Mathew Morrison and Little Richie in concert.  I'm so Jealous.  Good luck to them today. 

Yesterday My Aunt and Uncle took me to the mountains for the first time in my life.  it was magnificent.  I cannot fathom why more people don't live in the mountains.  It is just unbelievable, there really are no words to describe it.  If you are a friend on facebook, keep a look out I will sometime eventually post pictures. 

So this is my last day out here in Colorado for a long time, hopefully once I finish school, my best friends and I will go on a cross country road trip, and when we do we will be stopping in Castle Rock to visit and going up to the mountains.  It is so beautiful out here.  I hopefully one day want to live out here, maybe even retire, but that is not for a really long time! 

So the next time I will see you will be in hays once again, for the remainder of the Day Camp program, only three and a half weeks to go and I am home again. 

I am kinda glad to be going home.  I miss my family out there. While this has been really fun and a complete eye opener for me, I don;t think I'm quite ready to live this far away from the, at least not while my mom is still sick.  So for now, this is me signing off, my faithful readers!

1 comment: