Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Life Long Friendship

"I might not be someones first choice, but I am a great choice. I don't pretend to be someone I'm not, because I'm good at being me. I might not be proud of some of the things I've done in the past, but I'm proud of who I am today. I may not be perfect, but I don't need to be. Take me as I am, or watch me as I walk away!"
 This quote kinda describes a lot of people that I know and I thought I would share it with you.  A friend, someone that is more like an older brother to me posted this and it got me thinking, we are a lot alike me and him.  Im really gonna miss him when he moves away.  This particular person I have known almost my entire life, I played with him as a toddler, we ran around the neighborhood as kids together, and held together for high school.  This person I've known since I was two years old and the new kid on the block.  Even though he is 6 months younger, he has always looked out for me like his younger sister.  I honestly think that our friendship will last a life time.  

Yes we have had out ups and downs, our fights and make-ups, but all in all, isn't that what realy sibbings do.  
Why am I writing this?  Honestly I don't really know, I have been missing home a little more than usual and I have really been thinking about my life.  While most if it is just a blur, I have a few little things that stick out and this is one of them.  This person isn't the only one that I have a bond like this with.  The three of us would play together all the time as kids, and as time went on we found out who we are.  I still see that other person from time to time, and remember him as that little boy I used to hang out with in the neighborhood.  Every time I see his father I ask about him, and the answer is always the same...he is just fine.  
Now those two that I mentioned in this post know who you are and I would  just like to say...thank you for the life time of memories that you have given me and I hope that we can make many more.  Where ever our lives or adventures take us I hope that we can stay in contact and remain as best of friends like we were growing up!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment