Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week Four- Day Fourteen

Another day down.  Today was interesting.  Not a whole lot went on today.  The kids played kickball again, one group went to the pool and one stayed back and watched a movie.  I bought popcicles, but we didnt get to eat them because the freezer that we have at the building is really old and horrible at freezing things fast.  So hopefully they will get the chance to eat them tomorrow...we will see.

It seemed like after Eileen left today, the behavior dame broke and all hell broke loose again.  But this time we noticed that the kids seem to respect her more, but we need to work on that the rest of this week.  We did tornado drill this morning and discovered that one of our kids is claustrophobic.  Not a big deal for drills, but it may become one if we actually have to use the bomb shelter for a real tornado.  I guess we'll deal with that issue when we have to cross that bridge, if we cross it...knock on wood please!!!  Tomorrow hopefully will be better with the behavoir.  Today we had a kid actually get kicked out of the aquatic center because he wouldn't listen to the lifeguards, I know all about that.

One last thing I want to talk about tonight is that I recently learned that a friend of mine's grandmother died the other day, so I ask that you keep him and his family in your prayers for a while, while they deal with this time of sorrow.  The funeral is tomorrow. 

This week so far has been really easy, but then again its only Tuesday.  We started the CIT program today, and the CITs are loving it, so far.  Tomorrow is the first talent show for the Summer Blast Camp, and man are they pumped about it.  So much that they asked for a dress rehearsal! 

Everything seems to be going well, and there isn't anything at this point that I would change.  Our counselors are flexible and amazing with the kids.  I feel really confident with this job, and rumor has it that Eileen loves the chemistry between the counselors so much that she wants to ask all of us back next summer....but its just rumor, only time will tell. 

I feel like I've talked your ear off and I'm tired, so since I'm opening up tomorrow morning, I will see you all on another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment