Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Week Three- Day Eight

Hey all, Well this marks the end of day eight and man was it a MONDAY!  To start the day off I had cereal and coffee for breakfast, nothing big there.  I make my ten minute drive to the NCKTC building to park my car, unlocked the building and then proceeded across the street to set up for the parents for drop off. 7:35 rolls around and the first child shows up...I'm the only one there.  Not an issue yet.  After I hit the 15 mark, I started to worry.  Keep in mind that after the first one showed up I was on the phone to find out who was supposed to be there at 7:30, and Lauren texted me the night before and said that we would meet at 7:30 to go over the weeks plan.  Thankfully as the 16th child showed up faithful Ryan and Wonderful Anna showed up.  YAY! NO MORE FREAKING OUT!!!!

So you know its Monday when your boss is calling you to tell you the things that she need made available by the time she gets there and you have two staff members still not show up until after 8:00.  Finally both missing staff members show up at ten after, both saying that they had alarm issues...you know its Monday when..

You know its Monday when have some kids not there, some kids with late arrivals, some leaving and coming back and others with early pick-ups. 

You know its Monday the outside temperature is supposed to be 103 with a matching index, and you are over heated and your stomach hurts.

Needless to say..it was Monday.  We didn't really do much of the planned day, but with the weather and being short staffed, its understandable.

So that is the negative, the positive, by brother Rhyno started his jazz camp today and surprisingly he has one of my favorite professors I've ever had as his instructor...singer and song writer Reggie Thomas!!!!  Another positive thing is that we really didn't have that many kids today compared to last week.  And our new staff member started today, and to top that Ryan came back this week.  He got married on Saturday so congratulations to him!!!

Now I'm just sitting back relaxing and trying to figure out something to eat....

Until tomorrow...

P.S...In case you didn't already know...IT'S MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment