Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Mamas and the Papas

Because I have fallen behind with my musical posts, I thought I would share a few of my mom's favorites, which also just happen to be mine...

This band in particular is called the Mama's and the Papa's , if you don't know who they are you are in for a treat.  They are kinda like Abba, but a zillion times better personally.  The most famous of them all is of course the one and only Mama Cass, who unfortunately died by choking on a ham sandwich at the ripe old age of 32, which was in 1974 in London....Ironic huh?

She wasn't the only member obviously, the other members were married couple John Phillips and Michelle Gilliam and Denny Doherty.  They together would make history.  The debut their first album in 1965 and had a short musical career as the Mama's and the Papas only lasting until 1968 with a reunion in 1971.  As short there career together was they put out 5 albums and had 11 Top 40 singles, an astonishing career considering all of the clashes and personal issues each one of them were going through. 

So the three that I am sharing with you are mine and my mom's favorites.  The first one is Mama Cass singing Dream a Little Dream Of Me.  This song is my mother's favorite song.  She used to sing it to my dad.  The second is my personal favorite, it is called Dedicated to the One I Love.  And the final one is one that my mother and I  both loved.  This song is called Monday, Monday, and every time we would have "one of those" Mondays, she would pop in this song and we would sing out our frustrations to it. Ironically enough, the son isn't about a bad day or anything like that, its just about love.

I hope that you enjoy these songs, they are near and dear to my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment