Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mother Care...Day 1

Hey all, I know that now is a depressing time for many of you that know my mother.  Here is an update on how things are going.  Our day started around 7am, which for me was really yearly.  I got about 4 hours of sleep last night because of a certain dog that is camped out in my room at night.  Mom hit the dog clicker for assistance and dad and I came running to the rescue.  We got her out of bed and to the bathroom.  When we got her up we noticed that she had soaked the bed.  She didn't soil it or anything, but the drain that they put in here isn't healed yet so it leaks, it went from an occasional drip to a constant flow over night, I wasn't prepared for that and was a little concerned. We got her bed changed, started the laundry to get some bed linens back on the bed and put and absorbent pad on top and got her back into bed.  Then we changed her clothes and dressings around her drain.  When that was all said and done it was time to administer her meds.  We got her her breakfast and turned on the tv and dad and Ryan got ready to go to band camp and the store.

My morning was then filled with being on hold with the university trying to get my files straightened out and talking to fin aid about not going to school this next semester.  Everyone that I have talked to have agreed with my decision. It just makes sense. 

I have been working on my summer scrapbook off and on when she is sleeping.  Having someone here helps a lot.  My grandparents came by today as well as my aunt and uncle.  Naturally my neighbors have been curious because of the ambulances.  So some of them have stopped by to offer there sympathy and a helping hand.

The hospice nurse, Amanda has been here,  everything looks good with mom, and my concern about her leaking has been subsided, Amanda says that its normal.  Since the procedure to put in the drain, she has lost a lot of the mass of her stomach which is good, that will keep her pain in check and help her out more.  Amanda cathed her today, mom asked for it to prevent any falls or injuries on anyone's behalf. Even when she is like this, she still thinks of others.  Right now she is sleeping which is why I'm using this time to update all of you on this. 

Today hasn't been as hard, but it will get harder, I cried myself to sleep last night, and prayed like there's no tomorrow.  The funny thing is when she got home yesterday the first thing that came out of her mouth was "Home again Home again Jiggity Jig"  it brought a tear to my eyes. 

From here its only going to get harder, and with my family behind me to help me out it will be ok.  I still have hope in the fact that she is the strongest person I know, I have hope that she will beat this.

No comments:

Post a Comment