Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Road to Recovery

Hey all, it been a really long time since we have talked, or so it seems.  So lets update things.  I have been doing non stop house work.  Cleaning the floors, doing dishes, trying to keep up with the laundry.  All of that is about to change.

Today is finally go back to work.  So excited.  Ive been going insane being here home alone.  I got my 5 year service pin, now all I need is my name tag to put it on.  Which I either have to find it, which at this time is next to impossible.  Or I just need to get a new one, Hopefully Julie will work with me on that.

So I have been working on my moving on with my life.  Many people around me are expecting me to be over it in a few weeks.  But its not that simple.  I am in a little different position.  Because I was away for three months I find that this is a little easier, God had a plan for me, and I took it.  Maybe this won't be as hard on me as it will or has been on other people.  I cried yesterday, I was sitting at the High school watching my brother and the rest of the band practice for the debut of there half show, and I just kind of remembered that even though we recorded it for Mom to watch it at home she will never get to watch him perform his senior year in person.

That act alone is emotional.  My mother has always been involved in both mine and Ryan's activities, be it choir or dance or soccer or band.  She was always there, in the background.  Waiting to tell us how proud she was of us.  I can remember making her cry on several occasions because of my singing.  She saw the light in my voice.  Just like she sees the emotion Ryan conveys from his Trumpet.  It is sad to know that Friday she won't be there in the stands cheering on my brother, the band, and the football team, no matter what their performance will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment